Jerzy Surma, Ph.D.
I am a Visiting Professor of Management Information Systems at University of Massachusetts Lowell
and an Assistant Professor at Warsaw School of Economics.
I am a head of Postgraduates Studies on Business Intelligence.
My research is focused on applying big data analysis (especially from social networks sites) for business applications.
I am interested in Customer Intelligence and business impact of Information Technologies.
I am a member of the Association for Information Systems.
In academic year 2011-12 I was a Visiting Scholar at Harvard Business School.
- STRATEGOS: Case-Based Strategy Decision Making in SME's supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- BARKA: Competence-Preserving Case Replacing Strategies in Case-Based Reasoning
- LHM: Learning in Humans and Machines founded by the
European Science Foundation
- REPRO: The Case-Based Retrieval system for supporting the conceptual design in process
engineering (Postdoc Research at IFP, Rueil Malmaison, France)
- ACE: Advanced Data Mining in Financial & Marketing Applications (Research at LUC, Hasselt, Belgium)
- Business Intelligence
- Transforming business through IT
- Managament Infomation Systems
- Current Topics in MIS: Social Media
- Expert Systems
- Social Network Analysis and Mining
- Information Systems Frontiers
Program Committee Member (selected conferences after 2010):
- International Workshop on Social Computing, Networks, and Services, Crete, 2011
- International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining, Kaohsiung, 2011
- 19th International Conference on Case Based Reasoning, Greenwich, 2011
- SCA2011 - International Conference on Social Computing and Applications, Melbourne, 2011
- IEEE International Conference on Social Computing, Amsterdam, 2012
- IEEE International Conference on Social Computing, (SocialCom), 2013
- International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2013
- Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics (BSI), 2013
- International Conference on Business Information Systems (BSI), 2013
- University of Amsterdam (Holland)
- University of Hasselt (Belgium)
- IFP - Rueil Malmaison (France)
- Romeris University (Lituania)
- Harvard Business School (USA)
Last modification on 21/07/2013