Jerzy Surma, Ph.D.
I am a Visiting Professor of Management Information Systems at University of Massachusetts Lowell
and an Associate Professor at Warsaw School of Economics.
I am a head of Postgraduates Studies on Business Intelligence.
My research is focused on applying big data analysis (especially from social networks sites) for business applications and early detection of emergency situations.I am interested in Customer Intelligence and Information Technologies imapct on society.
I am a member of the Association for Information Systems.
In academic year 2011-12 I was a Visiting Scholar at Harvard Business School.
- FP7-ICT: Big Data Platform For Prevention And Early Detection Of Emergency Situations
- STRATEGOS: Case-Based Strategy Decision Making in SME's supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- BARKA: Competence-Preserving Case Replacing Strategies in Case-Based Reasoning
- LHM: Learning in Humans and Machines founded by the
European Science Foundation
- REPRO: The Case-Based Retrieval system for supporting the conceptual design in process
engineering (Postdoc Research at IFP, Rueil Malmaison, France)
- ACE: Advanced Data Mining in Financial & Marketing Applications (Research at LUC, Hasselt, Belgium)
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Managament Infomation Systems
- Current Topics in MIS: Social Media
- Expert Systems
- Social Network Analysis and Mining
- Information Systems Frontiers
Program Committee Member (selected conferences after 2010):
- International Workshop on Social Computing, Networks, and Services, Crete, 2011
- International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining, Kaohsiung, 2011
- 19th International Conference on Case Based Reasoning, Greenwich, 2011
- SCA2011 - International Conference on Social Computing and Applications, Melbourne, 2011
- IEEE International Conference on Social Computing, 2012, 2013, 2014
- International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 2013, 2014
- Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics (BSI), 2013, 2014
- International Conference on Business Information Systems (BSI), 2013, 2014
- University of Amsterdam (Holland)
- University of Hasselt (Belgium)
- IFP - Rueil Malmaison (France)
- Romeris University (Lituania)
- Harvard Business School (USA)
Last modification on 31/08/2014